Buddha Quotes - Sources of Knowledge And Wisdom
A quotation from a speech given by Buddha is known as Buddha Quotes. Buddha Quotes are the sources of knowledge and wisdom. There are various kinds of Buddha Quotes. They are Buddha quotes on life, Buddha quotes on wisdom, Buddha quotes on happiness, Buddha quotes on karma, Buddha quotes on suffering, Buddha quotes on teachings, Buddha quotes on enlightenment, Buddha quotes on forgiveness, Buddha quotes on patience and so on.
There are thousands and thousands of Buddha quotes available but among them, the best ones are mentioned below.
1. Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
2. Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
3. Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
4. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
5. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
6. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
7. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
8. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
9. The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
10. Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
11. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
12. Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.
13. A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.
14. True love is born from understanding.
15. Just as the snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.
16. The Way is not in the sky; the Way is in the heart.
17. All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
18. Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
19. To understand everything is to forgive everything.
20. Let the wise guard their thoughts, which are difficult to perceive, extremely subtle, and wander at will. A thought which is well guarded is the bearer of happiness.
21. Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
22. Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed.
23. To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
24. A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real, so he escapes the suffering.
25. Fashion your life as a garland of beautiful deeds.
26. All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
27. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
28. Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
29. Be vigilant; guard your mind against negative thoughts.
30. Teach this triple truth to all- A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
31. Those who really seek the path to Enlightenment dictate terms to their mind. Then they proceed with strong determination.
32. Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.