What is Buddha Day?Buddha Purnima is also known as The Buddha Day; the day celebrating the birth, enlightenment, and death of Lord Buddha. The day also celebrated as Buddha Jayanti Festival; the most important festival of Buddhists and other religions as well. The Buddha Purnima is celebrated with great enthusiasm all over the world to bring peace and happiness.
It is mainly celebrated in the countries like Nepal, India, China (Tibet), Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Japan, etc.
The Buddha day (Buddha Purnima) is the most sacred day in Buddhist calendar. On this day Lord Buddha was born, attained enlightenment and Nirvana. Buddhists distribute gifts and other items to various charitable homes and poor people.
The various activities are carried out like decorating temples, stupas, Buddhist monasteries and much more. Other activities like painting & making exquisite scenes from the life of the Lord Buddha for public dissemination are also carried out in a joyful mood.
In Nepal & India, the Buddha day is celebrated as Buddha Purnima & Buddha Jayanti. In Myanmar, it is celebrated as Kason Full Moon Day. In the Philippines, the Buddha day is celebrated as Araw Ni Buddha. In Indonesia, Japan & Malaysia, the Buddha Purnima is celebrated as Hari Raya Waisak, Hanamatsuri, and Hari Wesak respectively.
Buddha Purnima Wishes and Greetings1. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
2. On the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima, I wish that you may find rays of hope and your life is enlightened by the divine grace of Lord Buddha.
3. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness, the best relationship. The Lord Buddha blesses you with health, contentment, and faithfulness.
4. Om Mani Padme Hum: The Lord Buddha enlightens your path of life with love, peace, and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima wishes to you and your family.
5. Pay no attention to the fault of others, things are done or left undone by others. Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone. Happy Buddha Day wishes to you.
6. The full moon of Buddha Purnima takes away the darkness of ignorance, bigotry, and hatred towards other. And may it herald an era of contentment, peace, and enlightenment for the world. The Happy Buddha Jayanti wishes to you and your sweet family.
7. Those who experience the unity of life see their own selves in all beings, and all beings in their own selves, and look at everything with an impartial eye.
8. Buddham Sharanam Gacchami. Buddham Sharanam Gacchami. Sangham Sharanam Gacchami. Happy Buddha Jayanti and Purnima warm wishes to you.
9. Thousands of candles can be lighted from the as single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Happy Buddha Day wishes to my sweet friend and family.
10. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.